Learning a language must be done in a context because grammar rules only or lists of vocabulary. However, they are not sufficient to build sentences, paragraphs etc. If you already know the word or phrase, you want to use it in a wider context.
Conversations based on questions
are an excellent method to use in practice both your knowledge of phrases and grammar. What is more, at the same time you can exchange opinions with another speaker, brainstorm ideas, etc.
Below you’ll find a list of questions concerning INVESTMENT.
You can download the file including comments in pdf format here INVESTMENT
- What are the reasons for the yield [d1] from the investment being lower than expected?
- Do you invest on the stock exchange? Would you like to try? Why/why not?
- When do companies pay dividend [d2] to their shareholders?
- What factors affect share price[d3] ?
- Do bonds have fixed maturity[d4] ?
- What factors attract inward investment[d5] ? Can the government shape the policy for the foreign investment?
- How does a company prepare for IPO [d6] to float the company?
- How can companies raise funds?
- Which markets remain bearish [d7] now? And which remain bullish[d8] ?
- Is there any sector or industry worth considering for investment?
- What is the best time to buy/sell shares?
- Are you familiar with names of some famous investors like Warren Buffet?
- Apart from securities[d9] , what other forms of investment do you know?
[d1]how much income an investment generates, separate from the principal – stopa zwrotu z inwestycji
[d2]the distribution of a company’s earnings to its shareholders and is determined by the company’s board of directors – dywidenda
[d3]is the amount it would cost to buy one share in a company – cena akcji
[d4]the date when a bond’s principal is repaid with interest – data zapadalności
[d5] involves an external or foreign entity either investing in or purchasing the goods of a local economy – inwestycje zagraniczne
[d6]An initial public offering (IPO) refers to the process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance for the first time. – pierwsza oferta publiczna – wejście na giełdę
[d7]characterized by or associated with falling share prices.- spekulacyjny
[d8]characterized by rising share prices – zwyżkujący, optymistyczny
[d9]negotiable financial instrument that represents some type of financial value, usually in the form of a stock, bond, or option.- papiery wartościowe